HARVARD FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES FINANCE, BUDGET, AND FINANCING COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES APRIL 11, 2019 AT 6:00 PM 502 SOUTH EASTMAN STREET HARVARD, IL 60033
1) Trustee Condon called the Special Meeting of the Harvard Fire Protection District Board of. Trustee Finance, Budget, and Funding Committee to order (6:15 p.m.)
2) Pledge of Allegiance and Moment of Silence
3) Roll call- Trustee Carbonetti, Trustee Clarke, Trustee Hugg, Trustee Condon, were present. Trustee Kelnhofer was not present.
4) Agenda Approval (Hugg) Second (Clarke) Motion approved 4-0
5) Public Comment (not more than 3 minutes per speaker)
6) Election of officers No motion to elect officers.
7) Discuss Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Operating Budget.
Carbonetti presents the committee with the P tell and the tax reports from the County.
Hugg discusses the possibility of acquiring a new telephone system to be added to the budget.
Clarke notes that the endowment fund is at $603,365.00 and the District owes a reimbursement of $150,000.00 to the endowment fund for the purchase of an Ambulance in 2017.
Discussion around paying students for EMT training.
Discussion on ways to cut budget.
o Building and Grounds
o Chief’s Budget
Clarke discusses the financial plan and apportionments that he configured for the apparatus’ and salaries.
Carbonetti explains the accounts to the committee.
Clarke discusses ambulance revenue recuperation.
Discussion of Pumper payment.
8.) Motion to adjourn (Hugg) Second (Clarke) Motion approved 4-0 (7:32 p.m.)